“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
WCHSE is pleased to announce our annual conference will once again be held at the beautiful Tigh-Na-Mara Resort in Parksville, BC on May 16, 17, and 18, 2018. This conference is an amazing opportunity to connect with health sciences educators from multiple disciplines. The theme for this year’s event is “Building Bridges: Working Together for Safer Patient Care” and will focus on interprofessional teaching and learning opportunities.
To submit an abstract please view the “Call for Abstracts” information and email your abstract to Sharon Wong, WCHSE Conference Abstract Committee member, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be accepting abstract submissions until February 15th, 2018.
Please Note: ALL accepted presenters must pay full conference fees by May 1, 2018 to reserve their place in the program.
Preceding the conference on Wednesday, May 16th, will be a full day Gateway Debriefing Workshop presented by faculty from the Center for Medical Simulation in Boston, Massachusetts. Registration for this event is separate from the conference registration (see “Latest Events” at wchse.ca for more information). Participation in this workshop is limited to 50 people.
· Dr. Mary Kohl Fey, Center for Medical Simulation
· Colette Foisy Doll, MacEwan University
Included in your $375 registration fee:
· Participation in all scheduled conference sessions
· Welcome Wine & Cheese: Wednesday, May 16th, 2018
· Breakfast, breaks, and lunches provided by Tigh-na-Mara on Thursday, May 17th and Friday, May 18th
· Beach bonfire and S’more buffet following the welcome event. Bring your instruments and singing voices!
For an additional fee of $35 (not to be missed):
· Banquet Dinner: Thursday, May 17th. Join us for a delicious buffet dinner featuring the best Tigh-na-mara has to offer. And, back by popular demand, bring your “A” game for a rowdy round three of WCHSE “Name that Tune”!