Academic – British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Specialty Nursing instructor – Emergency Nursing (2001-2003)
- BSN instructor – (2003 – 2013)
- BSN Mentorship Coordinator
- BSN Simulation Coordinator
- School of Heatlh Sciences – Interprofessional (IPE) and Simulation (2014- present)
- Vancouver General Hospital – RN – (ICU, Emergency, Neurological)
- Vancouver City Police – Police Nurse
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE – SSIH, 2013-present)
- Certificate in Simulation Education (Bryan College of Health Sciences – 2012)
- MSN (UBC- 2006)
- BScN (UVIC – 2001)
- Emergency Nursing Certificate (BCIT – 1993)
- RN (VGH SON – 1990)
Evans, C., & Harder, N. (2013). A formative approach to student remediation. Nurse Educator, 38(4), 147-151.
Evans, C., Shackell, E., Kerr-Wilson, S., Doyle, G., McCutcheon, J. & Budz, B. (2014). A faculty created strategic plan for excellence in nursing education. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 11(1), 1-11.
Current work centers on the integration of interprofessional education/collaboration and experiential learning strategies – simulation into health science curriculum and the associated faculty development and health care partnerships involved to ensure learner success.
- Interprofessional Education
- Patient Safety
- Experiential Learning – Simulation
- Lab Educators of BC